Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rant: Perfect Series

It's no secret that there are a lot of shows that I like, whether they're on today or have already ended. But it is rare when I bump into a show where I've genuinely liked every episode. It's just improbable. The only examples I have of a show where I've that hasn't had, in my opinion, a single bad episode are Firefly and Sherlock. Keep in mind, they only made 14 episodes of Firefly, and Sherlock's only had 6 so far. I could probably say the same for the Walking Dead, but the thing is that TWD is so serialized that for me, it all just meshes together, and I honestly can't name individual episodes that stand out to me. In my mind, season 1 was just a six hour long movie. Season two is basically the same. I don't know, maybe I'm just being difficult, but I guess it doesn't count. Doctor Who, one of my favorite shows ever, has had flops. Every season since 2005 has produced it least one episode I didn't like, with the exception of season 6 (there weren't any I disliked, but I can't that I loved all of them either.) It's probably that the premise is so high-concept that writing something bad is relatively easy. It's weird, I mean I want shows I like to go on for a while, but at the same time when they do that, they run the risk of producing more bad episodes. Or I'm just being totally ridiculous. I know that by now I'm rambling for sure, though I've got a funny feeling I've been doing that the whole time. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks