Friday, March 23, 2012

Episode Reviewed: Awake Kate is Enough

Do you ever feel like something is purposely avoiding a good thing? Like Awake is avoiding serialization. Alcatraz most certainly did that. I feel like it's got such a good overarching story set up that they're just skating around. It may just be because I don't like cop shows much in general, especially because there are way too many spiked crime dramas on TV right now, and i was seriously hoping Awake wouldn't fall into that category. Either way, this week we saw Britten deal with two cases, one in each reality (shocking, isn't it) but both involved Kate, who babysat Rex when he was all tiny. The two realities displayed how her life went in two different directions following a traumatic event. They actually did a pretty good job with the premise, but, once again, where is the arc? I want arc! I'm probably being totally unfair, to, given how well executed some of the emotional moments were. I guess I just have mixed feelings here. Final rating: 84%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks