Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Guild Season 4 Review

If TV as a medium is dying at the hands of the internet, then at least it's the Guild's fault.

In A Nutshell:
Alright, so the fourth season of the hit web series the Guild follows the continuing adventures of the RPG Guild the Knights of Good. Codex is dealing with her the aftermath of her pseudo-date with Fawkes and her comedically bad financial situation, Bladezz seeks fame, Zaboo must contend with the re-emergence of his deluded mother, and Vork battles with Tink and Clara to generate enough funds for a Guild hall.

The Good: 
I think I can say I liked this given the amount of hysterical laughter the season produced. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: the biggest reason I love this show is the characters are all hysterically, awkwardly, outrageously, bizarre. Seriously, you've got all these personalities mixing with some of the funniest, best written lines I've heard, and the mere comedic value of Wil Wheaton wearing a kilt. Felicia really does know what she's doing when she writes these scripts, and I think it's safe to say that the Guild is her beautiful brain child. 

The Bad:
I know I've said this before to, but I'll say it again: the show depicts nerd-life so accurately, better then the Big Bang Theory, even, almost to a fault. That's because sometimes the complete social ineptitude of these people can be a tad depressing. But don't worry, that part of the show is minimal. And granted, sometimes I was laughing harder than other times.


Final Rating: 98%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks