Saturday, June 23, 2012

Movie Reviewed: Bruce Almighty

Okay, so you might be disappointed I'm not reviewing Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter right now, mostly because I would have one helluva time making jokes there, but I couldn't see it, so I'm just gonna do a rental review that depicts God as looking like what I've honestly always imagined he looks like.

Just a heads up, the only other Jim Carrey thing I've seen is Yes Man (and his 33 second cameo on the Office), so if you're looking for a Carrey-comparison, you're in the wrong place.

In A Nutshell:
Bruce Nolan (Jim Carrey) is a stressed out news guy in Buffalo who's sick of getting snubbed by life. He starts blaming all his problems on the fact that God just doesn't like him (great plan there bro), and God (Morgan Freeman/Nelson Mandella) gets a bit irritated by this. So the big man upstairs gives Bruce all of his powers to do whatever he likes, the idea that being to teach Bruce that being the king of everything really sucks.

The Good:
This is basically Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey, and at best, that is hysterical. There were times when I was laughing my head off at the gags, references, and the mere absurdity of the whole thing (like when Bruce parted the red sea or made his dog use a toilet). There's not much else to explain, really. The bottom line is this is a great, pretty hilarious way to kill an hour and a half.

The Bad:
Like pretty much every Jim Carry comedy, this gets kinda depressing somewhere in the final act. That was to be expected, and they patched things up pretty nicely, but it still saddened me a bit.

Final Rating: 93%


So, what's your favorite Jim Carrey movie? Comment below, let me know!


And, as always, be sure to subscribe, check out my other posts, all that good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks