Friday, July 13, 2012

5 Forgotten Movies

Wait... what are we talking about?

Some of them were pretty good, others kind of sucked, but either way, you don't remember them. I'm talking about the movies that you see and have completely forgotten about them after a week, then you hear about them a while later and go, "oh yeah, I forgot that movies exists". Think of this as a reminder that yes, they exist. Let it be noted that yes, I am well aware that there are a lot of sequels here.

I was gonna right this as a top ten at first, but I couldn't think of/remember enough movies that fit the bill. I guess that means those movies really deserve the title.

5. Back to the Future Part 2
The first entry in the series is one of my favorite movies ever, the third one had the gimmicks of the old west and a flying, time traveling train, but this one is just kind of there. Marty and Doc to the future, Marty winds up changing the present, and so they have to go back 1955 to save the day. If you've seen it,then you were probably able to tell this exists mainly to bring us to the third one. The plot was at times really depressing, slow, and a tad ludicrous. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It was a solid B-movie that makes no sense without the first and exists to connect the first movie with the third to the point that you forget about it. Heck, in my mind, the third and second ones are one movie anyway, so, yeah.


4. Apollo 18
So I saw this when it came out last summer, and my immediate reaction was "did I really just pay money to see that?" And I did, too. I kind of hated this movie for the entire three days I spent telling people not to see it. And then I forgot it until I was trying to think of movies for this list and it popped into my head. It's a found footage movie about a bunch of astronauts who go to the moon secretly and die by spiders. And the whole thing was actually an ad. Yes, I'm serious. Most people don't even know it exists, and those who do agree with me in the belief that we shouldn't have payed money to see it. And believe me, it isn't something that'll leave you talking.


3. Superman Returns
Do I even need to explain it?


2. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Granted, even after ten years, the sequel to T2 wasn't gonna leave people talking. Truth be told, it kind of is T2, but with no Sarah Conner and much more depressing ending. You think the T2 ending was sad, then you haven't seen this. John Conner is 25 years old, he lives off the grid, and another robot from the future is back to kill him. So, Arnold has to protect him. Again. They go on the run and attempt another mission to destroy Skynet and prevent judgement day. It's a shame that this goes forgotten, because it's actually a pretty good movie. But, like I said, it's a bit of a rehash, Cameron didn't even direct it, and most people just didn't see it. Or, they just forgot about it. Like I did.


1. The X Files: I Want to Believe
After six years, Mulder and Scully are called back into action to investigate a missing FBI agent and a strange psychic. So few people even know this movie exists it's kind of disturbing. Granted, some people hated it, but others liked it. The thing is, this movie plays up on the monster of the week aspect of the TV show, which most people forget about, and put it in a 100 minute format. So you are just watching a 100 MOTW. It's a pretty good one, but most people aren't gonna remember a movie that's basically just a one and mystery these days. And that's why it takes the number one spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks