Friday, May 11, 2012

Zombie Hamlet Trailer #1 Review

Okay, so first off, yes, I'm basically going to make these trailers reviews a regular thing. Second, I just watched the trailer for a move titled "Zombie Hamlet." I'll just pause for a moment so you can laugh hysterically/sigh in disgust for 5 straight minutes.

In A Nutshell: It's actually less straightforward then you'd think. So, the movie follows a couple of film makers who through a series of incredibly simple events and creative break throughs end up making an indie film version of Hamlet (but with zombies) in a small town in the deep south. It's kind of a new installment to all of the genre-bending  going on in Hollywood these days.

The Good: Something about this trailer appeals to me, and it's probably the completely absurd premise (for crying out loud, I'm looking forward to seeing Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter) The whole idea of hick reporters stalking washed up film makers shooting a zombified Shakespeare movie has a sort of allure to it in an enjoyably chaotic mess sort of way.

The Bad: I sort of feel like this is a rip off of pride and prejiduce and zombies, but not really. My two main beefs here are, A., they give away what will probably be the movie's only good twist, and B., it's just one of those things where you watch it and you think "that could be cool... but it could also suck really easily." I'm hoping it will be good, but should I actually see it, I'll try to keep my expectations relatively low.

Be sure to comment, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks