Thursday, May 17, 2012

Revolution Trailer Review

Okay, so you guys might have already seen this trailer, it's been on youtube for about a few days now, so I figured I had to review it.

In a Nutshell: So, Revolution is an offshoot of sorts of all the other post apocalypse shows on now, like The Walking Dead and Falling Skies. It's a TV show that takes place in a future where electricity has just stopped working. As a result, governments fall, militias rise, and people create simple makeshift farms. Weapons are crossbows, swords, and the occasional musket. But, guess what, this one girl's dad might know something about/ be responsible for the lights going out, and after a couple of things happen, she, along with two others, set out on a quest. Female lead, crossbows, swords... this ringing any bells with you guys.

The Good: This show comes from Jon Favreau, who directed Iron Man, Eric Kripke, who created Supernatural, and JJ Abrams, whose just awesome in general. There's also a ton of other big names behind this, but I have ton of respect for the three previously mentioned awesomeness-generators. The premise behind this show/trailer is pretty cool, and it's implied through that the central mystery will drive the show, making it a serial (Woo!) The action scenes also look awesome, only adding to the good.

The Bad: They did a voiceover. I don't like voiceovers. I also am a little afraid that the trailer might be making it look better then it really is. God knows that's happened before (I'm looking at you, Terra Nova!) I'm not gonna try to be too pessimistic going though.

So, Revolution airs Mondays at ten this fall on NBC. Will I give the pilot a gander? Yes, mostly because I am in desperate need of a way to fill my ever growing appetite for serialized TV.

Be sure to comment, subscribe, and check out my other posts!


Trailer Anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks