Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Worst of the 2011-2012 Fall TV Season

So, this TV season has more or less come to a close with the majority of shows having had their respective season finales. I figure it's time for me to count down what I think were this year's hits and misses.
Let's look at the misses:

Worst Show:

3. Chuck Season 5
Coming in 3rd place for worst show of the season is the fifth and final season of what was once my favorite show. After watching season 4, I'm of the opinion that season 3 would've been a good stopping point. But no, the overzealous cult following that got it a 3rd season wouldn't rest and demanded a fifth season, which they got, sort of. Chuck was banished to 8 PM on Fridays for it's final 13 episodes, all of which sucked. Why? Morgan was the Intersect. That is just a stupid idea on so many levels. Plus, Chuck went back to being useless, which is was pretty sad, Ellie and Devon got really annoying, and Shaw came back (seriously?!) But the biggest thing was the show became more predictable and way more convuluted, with increasingly bland episodes. Even the Chuck-Sarah chemisty couldn't salvage this sinking ship.

2. The Office Season 8
In second place is a show that doesn't need to end so much as be put out of it's misery. With Michael gone and replaced by the kinda-creepy Rober California, the show was without the thread that had held it together from the begining and kept people watching in the last two seasons of decline. This was coupled with writers that are clearly running out of ideas and a Ryan that has devolved into a full on prick. Sadly, there will be a season 9, but I know I won't watch it.

1. Terra Nova Season 1
Do I even need to explain it? Probably not, but I will. It sucked. It really sucked. It had a great premise (humans escaping a dying earth and fleeing to an alternate universe full of dinosaurs) but it was plagued by awful writers, annoying characters, and episodes that well, sucked. And that is why the first and fortunately only season of Terra Nova is the worst show of the season.

Worst Episodes:

3. Alcatraz: Cal Sweeney.
Predictable, annoying, repititve, and just plain bad.

2. Terra Nova: The Runaway
Don't even get me started.

1. Terra Nova: Bylaw
So much about this one sucked that I honestly can't talk about it without risking ranting for over hour.

So, that's the worst of this TV season in my opinion, but tell me: what was the worst of it for you guys? Comment and let me know!

Or, just comment, subscribe , and check out my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks