Friday, May 11, 2012

The Campaign Trailer #1 Review

I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I love Will Ferrel movies. A lot. Really. So, the Campaign is about a 4 term congressman played by Will Ferrel whose re-election is opposed by first timer Zack Galifanskis. Only fun can ensue from here.

The Good: Will Ferrel being Will Ferrel, Zack G. being Zack G. Both of these guys are usually hilarious, so seeing them bounce off of eachother should be fun. The trailer shows us a few Ricky Bobby-esque jokes that made me laugh, though the Ferrel's character seems more like Ron Burgundy. Great music, too.

The Bad: People who hate Will Ferrel movies aren't going to pleased. I'm of the minority who liked the Other Guys (meaning I'm not a pretentious cretin) so Ferrel's humor has yet to grow stale on me. Granted, it does feel a bit like it could be a rehash of Anchorman, mostly because these are characters Ferrel and Zack G. have both played before, but if it's done well, that won't be a bad thing, so much as a hysterically funny thing.

Prediction: Ferrel fulfills his his obligation to make a gut-buster once every two years, Zack G. gets forgiven for The Hangover Part 2.

Be sure to comment, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like, just no profanity or personal attacks